Lazerian is a multidisciplinary creative studio founded in 2006 by Liam Hopkins. Based out of our combined workshop and design studio in a former hat factory in Denton, Manchester we create large scale artworks, public art installations, bespoke sculptural commissions, interiors, custom made furniture and brand promotional objects.
Working with architects, engineers, landscape architects and designers, developers and city planners as well as creative directors in a wide cross section of industries we are motivated to design and create pieces that motivate, inspire and provide a contemporary narrative to any interior and exterior place or space
Lazerian has always had a commitment to combine traditional handcraft techniques with more modern cutting edge technologies. This allows the opportunity to explore new concepts in the world of art and design, to explore the boundaries between art and design using them to tell a story and produce pieces that are site specific and unique.
Breaking new ground
This allows the opportunity to explore new concepts in the world of art and design, to explore the boundaries between art and design using them to tell a story and produce pieces that are site specific and unique.
Lazerian responds to the needs of a wide variety of clients worldwide by capturing a space and creating something that essentially has heart and soul using the medium of art and design.
Each project is personal and distinctive in the fact that it takes inspiration from a variety of factors depending on the situation.
Every commission has a story, a background or inspiration taken from aspects such as the history and culture of the area or company.
Material and the production process of our projects are vitally important. As we design and create the majority of our commission ourselves in our fully functioning workshop in Manchester, UK we have access to a wide variety of both traditional and modern machinery (as per our ethos to combine handcraft and cutting edge technologies).
Working with a wide variety of processes and materials including (but not limited to) paper, cardboard, metal, carbon fibre, wood, metal, acrylic and glass. The material and process is usually determined by the space and story behind the project in question. Our vast knowledge of materials and the variation of its performance allows us to be experimental and develop further knowledge of this resulting in our ability to push boundaries.
Projects with a largely positive social impact are extremely important to Lazerian. It’s imperative to spot opportunities to make something that no one else has created, to challenge the norm, be curious and passionate but at the same time solve problems.
At Lazerian we have a passionate and diverse team who are masters at numerous disciplines. We are hard workers who deliver great projects. With a skill set including design and design concept, project management, fabrication, construction and installation, we work across all parts of the creative process from initial concept to final production. We can also work on certain parts of the project individually if required.
Lazerian offers creative solutions and outcomes in a style like no other. If you want your space to tell a story and combine art and design then look no further as we are always looking for our next big challenge.
- Message in a Bottle, Borough Yards, SE1
- Lighting Bolt, EWMA Conference, Milan
- Irony of Gesture, Smolensky Gallery, Manchester
- Spirit Of Place, Castlefield Viaduct
- Digital Nervous System, Paper After All, Royal Cambrian Academy
- Do More, Think Less, Learn More, Birmingham Design Festival
- Visual, National Lottery: Good Causes, People Portraits, The Roundhouse
- Coggles X Lazerian S/S 21 campaign
- Lazerian Space, King St, Manchester
- Lunch Break- A tribute to MF DOOM - Benji Reid ft Lazerian
- Cop 26 - Recover E Car
- Kaleidoscope of Hope, Manchester Art Fair, Manchester Central Exhibition Centre
- Celebration of Polar Bears- Tony Wilson Way, First St. Manchester
- Angel, sustainability community project, Angel Meadows, Manchester
- Seasonal specific art installation, Erddig Hall, National Trust property
- Overworked Bee, FORM- a celebration of contemporary British sculpture at Saul Hay Gallery, Manchester
- Manchester Art Fair, Manchester Central Exhibition Centre
- We are Bury, pop up football exhibition in association with Bury Art Museum and Design Manchester
- Sculpture commission for Manchester Garden, Chelsea Flower Show
- Cinema for Bottletop Regent Street pop up store
- Public art sculpture commission for Darwen council
- Public art sculpture commission for Vita
- Public art sculpture commission for Winsford town park
- Quays culture, Media City: Technology Past & Future
- Skoda Karoq cardboard car
- Paper City, Commission for Hull City of Culture/GF Smith
- Eagle, Gerflor
- Polo, New Bailey
- Chromatogram, National Festival of Making- Art in Manufacturing
- Design Manchester
- Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair, Manchester
- Manchester Moleskine, Design Manchester
- Fireman Livermore, Art Battle Manchester, Design Manchester, London Road Firestation
- Split Dress, Alcantara
- Hopback, Meantime Brewing Company
- Polo, New Bailey
- T-rex, Beat Street
- Unity Works Public Art Commission
- Moscow Design Museum Russia British Design: From William Morris to the digital revolution
- Media City Salford curated by Salford University
- Design Miami Wallpaper Handmade
- Mary, Sheffield Gerald exhibition
- Harrods, London Wallpaper Handmade exhibition
- Bench, Manchester Self Made Gallery
- Gerald Exhibition, 60 Reade Gallery, NYC, NYC Design Week
- Made North, Sheffield solo exhibition
- Designersblock, London Southbank centre London Design Festival
- Platform Gallery, Kings Road, London Dialogue curated by Suzanne Trocme
- Bloomberg, London Curated by Arts Co
- Howick Place, London 1508 gallery for London Design Festival
- St Georges Hall, Liverpool Liverpool Design Festival
- Crafts Council, Lab Craft Touring exhibition by Crafts Council
- Matieres a cultiver, Cite Du Design, France Touring exhibition
- Design At Work, Belgium Curated by Interieur
- Milan Design Week
- 100% Design, Earls Court London London Design Festival
- Contemporary Urban Centre, Liverpool Design Show Liverpool
- Great Northern Contemporary Crafty Fair, Manchester
- Islington Design Centre, London New Designers
- Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester Degree Show